Thursday, January 27, 2011

100 Miles to Philly, Then Back to New York

Flatiron
Having grown up in Philadelphia I always loved my wonderful city of “Brotherly Love”. The historical aspect of Philadelphia has kept it booming with tourists, night life, and culinary excellence, although the high rate of violence is something not worth mentioning.

I don’t know exactly when it happened, but at some point in high school I decided that I should move on to a bigger and better city life, so I was set on New York. I wanted to become a city sage.

Having lived in Manhattan for a couple years now, many times I feel a great divide. When I’m home, I’m longing for the streets of New York and the hustle and bustle that drove me there. Yet sometimes, when I’m walking down those very same streets there is a part of me that is homesick for the simplicity of my suburban dwellings in the outskirts of Philadelphia. While in New York I can get up close and personal with Diane von Furstenberg, but only back home can I peek out my window to see my dad lounging in our pool. Sometimes home is simply where the heart is.

A View From a Window




A View From a Patio


My Dad vs. DVF, who is truly haute couture?



1 comment:

  1. what a lovely place!"!!


    xoxo from rome
    K.
    http://kcoemkarolina.blogspot.com/

    (there's a foxtail GIVE-AWAY on my blog!)

    ReplyDelete